Not technically moonshine without using a still, so more of an Apple Pie liqueur. This Apple Pie Moonshine will still pack a punch, sip with caution.
It uses 190 Proof Everclear which is quite potent. If your state doesn’t sell Everclear, move to another state. Lol, just kidding! Use the highest proof Vodka you can find.
This is an easy recipe to make and is great for giving as a gift. Use any canning jars you have on hand and add a ribbon and tag to complete your homemade gift. You can add a cinnamon stick to the jar before storing. Or you can even add sliced apple pieces for a sweet, moonshine-soaked surprise at the bottom of the jar.
Store in glass containers in a cool dry place or the refrigerator for a few weeks before sampling. The longer it sits the smoother it will taste, try it too soon and you will feel the burn. It is quite potent and should only be served in small quantities.
The higher proof versions can be safely stored for 2-3 years.
Apple Pie Moonshine
- Large Stock Pot
- 64 oz bottle of apple cider
- 64 oz bottle of apple juice
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon
- 1 (750ml) bottle of Everclear (or vodka)
- In a large stock pot combine the apple cider, apple juice, sugars, cinnamon sticks and pumpkin pie spice. While stirring to dissolve sugars, bring to a light boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes remove from heat and let cool completely. When cool remove the cinnamon sticks and add the Everclear. Don't add the alcohol until completely cool or it will evaporate.