This post may contain affiliate links, please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
I love this Mississippi Pot Roast, it is so flavorful and easy to make. I’ve made it several times and it’s always a hit. This is a simple dump-and-go recipe which means you can throw everything in the slow cooker and forget about it for up to 8 hours.
Mississippi Pot Roast is not at all spicy. The mild peppers add a vinegary tang that pairs wonderfully with the beef. This recipe is also great with game meat.
I previously made this recipe with a small jar of pickled garlic instead of peppers. It was good, but I prefer it with mild pepper rings. I usually use more than the recipe calls for and like to throw a few more on top when it’s done cooking.
I’ve always liked the convenience of cooking in a crockpot but hated the stuck-on mess that I had to clean up after. Now I use Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners in my slow cooker to make cleaning up a breeze.
This recipe can be made in the oven or in an Instant Pot.
Oven Instructions: Sear the roast for 5-8 minutes per side before placing all ingredients in an oven-safe baking dish. Cover the baking dish with a lid or tightly with foil. Bake at 300°F for about 1 hour per pound, or until easily shredded with a fork.
Instant Pot Instructions: A basic rule for cooking pot roast in the Instant Pot is to cook it for 20 minutes per pound. So for a 3-pound roast ll you need to do is add your ingredients to your Instant Pot. You will need a little more liquid so add about 1 cup of beef broth or water. Cook over manual high pressure for one hour. Let the pressure release naturally and you are good to go.
I personally prefer to make this roast in the crockpot. The flavors and texture are just better overall in my opinion.
Crock-Pot Low-Carb Keto Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker
- 3-4 lb boneless beef roast
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 packet dry au jus gravy mix
- ½ cup stick butter, cut up
- ½ cup mild pickled peppers (whole or rings)
- ¼ cup juice from the pickled peppers (pepperoncini or banana)
- ½ onion sliced (optional)
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- Place roast in the slow cooker, and sprinkle on the dry ranch, and dry au ju packets. Add butter, peppers, onion, and garlic. Pour 1/4 cup juice from the peppers.
- Cook on low for 7-9 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. Slice or Shred with a fork for serving.