This post may contain affiliate links, please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
Sausage and Spinach Casserole is low-carb comfort food. This easy casserole is packed with Italian sausage, fresh spinach, and lots of melty mozzarella cheese! Sausage and Spinach Casserole is a great weeknight meal or even a yummy breakfast.
Like most casserole dishes Sausage and Spinach Casserole is so easy to prepare. Simply saute the sausage and onion, and then mix in the rest of the ingredients. Transfer that mixture to a baking dish and pop it in the oven until everything is bubbling with flavor and the cheesy topping is just turning golden.
This casserole is a great option for meal prepping! It refrigerates well and reheats nicely in the microwave. Leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
I didn’t add spices because I think Italian sausage has plenty of flavor without adding more but feel free to add any extra seasonings you may like. Nutmeg or cinnamon would make an interesting addition.
Sausage and Spinach Casserole
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup milk, cream, or half & half
- ¼ cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with non-stick spray, and set aside.
- Cook sausage and onion in a frying pan, just until the sausage is browned and the onion is softened. Drain off any excess grease if necessary.
- Add the cream cheese, stir until melted, and combined with the sausage. Remove from heat.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the eggs, sour cream, and milk together. Stir in ½ cup of the shredded cheese and the parmesan cheese.
- Pour the cream mixture into the sausage mixture, add the spinach and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the greased casserole dish. Top with the remaining ½ cup of cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbling.