This post may contain affiliate links, please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
A family favorite, Buffalo Chicken Dip is low-carb and keto-friendly. A simple slow cooker recipe, made with only five ingredients. It has the flavor of Buffalo Chicken Wings, in a dip form. This dip is amazing with all types of veggies, crackers, and chips.
Chicken – You will need two cups of shredded or chopped chicken for this recipe. You can make your own shredded chicken, use leftover cooked chicken, rotisserie chicken, or two 10 to 12.5 oz cans of well-drained chunky chicken.
Cheese – This recipe calls for cream cheese and shredded cheese. Two packs of cream cheese will keep this dip nice and creamy. Neufchatel can be substituted for cream cheese. Shredded cheddar cheese, mozzarella, Monterey, or Colby jack all work well in this dip.
Dressing – I have always made this dip with ranch dressing but blue cheese dressing would work just as well.
Hot Pepper or Wing Sauce – Any hot pepper, buffalo, or wing sauce will work for this recipe. I really like Sweet Baby Ray’s Wing Sauce. Many people swear by Frank’s Red Hot Sauce. Initially, I add less hot sauce than the recipe calls for and when the dip is hot and bubbly, I do a taste test and add more as needed.
I use a small 1-1/2 quart crockpot for this recipe. You can serve this dip directly from the slow cooker or transfer it to a bowl for serving.
Oven Directions – Mix ingredients together in a large bowl, then transfer to a baking dish. Sprinkle more cheese on top and bake at 375°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until bubbly.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Slow Cooker
- 2 cups shredded chicken (or 2 (10-12.5 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained)
- 2 8 oz packages of cream cheese
- 1 cup ranch dressing (or blue cheese dressing)
- ⅔ cup buffalo wing sauce (more or less for your desired level of spiciness)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (your choice, I usually use cheddar or Colby Jack)
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker and heat on low for 1-2 hours or until hot and bubbly. Stirring occasionally.
- Serve with veggies, crackers, chips, etc.