This post may contain affiliate links, please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
Easy Broccoli Quiche. Start with a premade pie crust, you can use puff pastry or mini tart shells to make individual servings. This recipe is very versatile, you can sub out the broccoli for almost any vegetable you prefer. Add ham, bacon or shredded cheese to make it more savory.
Cook frozen broccoli according to package directions. If using fresh broccoli steam or boil for 5 minutes until cooked, drain well.
Saute onion in butter until tender. Mix the broccoli and onion together and arrange in the bottom of the pie shell.
Optional ingredients can be mixed with the broccoli and onion or layered on top of the broccoli layer. Cooked ham, bacon, mushrooms, spinach or shredded cheese are good options.
With electric beaters mix the cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs, milk and seasoning and mix thoroughly. The recipe state salt and pepper to taste, I’ve found that 3/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper is an average amount for a four-egg quiche. Pour cream cheese mixture on top of the broccoli layer.
Preheat oven to 350°, bake for 35-40 minutes until center is set. Mini quiches will require less cooking time, where a full size pie may require extra cooking time to reach desired consistency.
Insert a knife or toothpick into the center of the quiche if it comes out clean the quiche is done. If in doubt use a thermometer to make sure quiche has an internal temperature of 165°.
- 1 unbaked pastry/ pie shell
- 1 10oz package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 Tbs. butter
- 1 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook broccoli as package directs and drain thoroughly.
- Saute onions in butter until tender. Mix onions and broccoli together. Arrange broccoli and onion mixture in pie shell.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs, milk, and seasoning. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over the broccoli.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes. Let cool before cutting.