This post may contain affiliate links, please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
This is an easy, versatile Broccoli Quiche. It’s perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Starting with a premade pie crust makes this an extremely easy Broccoli Quiche. You can use puff pastry or mini tart shells to make individual pies if you prefer. This recipe is very versatile, you can substitute the broccoli for almost any vegetable you like. Add ham, bacon, or shredded cheese to make it more savory.
Cook frozen broccoli according to package directions. If using fresh broccoli steam, par-boil, or saute beforehand. Make sure the broccoli is drained well before adding it to the crust. Saute onion in butter until tender. Mix the broccoli and onion together and arrange them in the bottom of the pie shell. Optional ingredients can be mixed with broccoli and onion or layered on top of the broccoli layer. Cooked ham, bacon, mushrooms, spinach, or shredded cheese are good options.
With electric beaters mix the cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs, milk, and seasoning and mix thoroughly. The recipe states salt and pepper to taste, I’ve found that 3/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper is an average amount for a four-egg quiche. Pour the cream cheese mixture on top of the broccoli layer.
Preheat oven to 350°, and bake for 35-40 minutes until the center is set. Mini quiches will require less cooking time, whereas a full-size pie may require extra cooking time to reach desired consistency.
Insert a knife or toothpick into the center of the quiche if it comes out clean the quiche is done. If in doubt use a thermometer to make sure the quiche has an internal temperature of 165°.
*I always cook quiches on a cookie sheet just in case they overflow while cooking.
- 1 unbaked pastry/ pie shell
- 1 10oz package of frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 Tbs. butter
- 1 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook broccoli as the package directs and drain thoroughly.
- Saute onions in butter until tender. Mix onions and broccoli together. Arrange broccoli and onion mixture in a pie shell.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs, milk, and seasoning. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the broccoli.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes. Let cool before cutting.