This post may contain affiliate links, please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
This Salted Caramel Fudge is so good. It is made in the microwave, it’s quick and easy to make. You do need to keep an eye on it so it doesn’t boil over.
In a 2-quart microwave-safe bowl, Empty one can of Dulce de Leche sweetened condensed milk, 2 cups packed brown sugar, and 1 cup butter (use real butter). Microwave on high for 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes. I find that after the first 4 minutes, I have to stir every 1 to 1-1/2 minutes to prevent boiling over.
Let cool for 5 minutes, add vanilla and then beat for 3 minutes, using an electric mixer. Pour into prepared pan (8×8 or 2L oblong rubbed with butter or lined with parchment paper). Sprinkle with coarse salt and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut when cool.
Salted Caramel Fudge
- 1 can dulce de leche sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- coarse salt
- Butter an 8" x 8", 2.2 Q, or 2L pan, or line it with parchment paper for easy removal.
- Add the Dulce de Leche, brown sugar, and butter to a 2-quart microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, add the vanilla, and beat with an electric mixer for 3 minutes until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan, sprinkle with coarse salt, chill for at least two hours, and cut into squares.