This post may contain affiliate links, please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
Zucchini Bites are a wonderful way to use up extra zucchini. They are a healthy snack, appetizer, or main dish. You can even use them as a vegetarian replacement for meatballs.
After grating the zucchini you will want to make sure that you squeeze it well to get rid of the excess moisture. There are a couple of different ways you can use to remove the extra juice.
1. You can use a clean dish towel, cheesecloth, paper towels, or just your hands to wring the moisture out of the zucchini.
2. Place the grated zucchini in a sieve or colander and press with the back of a spoon to remove moisture. (Not my favorite method, as it still leaves quite a bit of moisture.)
3. Put the shredded zucchini in the bottom of a clean French press. Place the top over and slowly press down, just like you would when making a cup of coffee. Drain off the juice. (Haven’t tried this one yet, but it sounds promising.)
These bites are so easy to make. Simply combine all of the ingredients. Roll into balls and bake until the bottoms are golden. I like to serve these warm straight out of the oven.
I served these Baked Zucchini Bites with spaghetti sauce, but you could serve them as an appetizer with your favorite dip. Sour cream, guacamole, ranch dressing, marinara sauce, or tzatziki sauce.
Baked Zucchini Bites
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (moisture squeezed out)
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅔ cup small breadcrumbs (panko style)
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic pepper seasoning (or salt and pepper)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, Silpat mat, or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Grate and drain the zucchini well.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl, mix well to combine.
- Shape into 1 to 1½ inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheet, at least 1-inch apart. Makes around 24 balls.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the bottoms are golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce or spaghetti sauce.