This post may contain affiliate links, please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
Cheesecake is my absolute favorite dessert. Whether baked or no-bake, I would never turn down a piece of cheesecake. Slow cooker cheesecakes are so smooth and creamy, cooked slowly in a water bath they are never dry.
You will need a large crock pot for this cheesecake, the cheesecake is made inside of a pan inside of the crock pot, and a 6 or 7-quart slow cooker works best. Find a high-sided pan that will fit inside your crock pot. My smallest spring form pan is 8 inches and doesn’t fit, so I use a 6-inch souffle dish to make this cheesecake.
Roll up a couple of pieces of aluminum foil and place them in the bottom of the slow cooker, to act as a rack for your baking dish. Add 1/2 to 1 inch of hot water to the bottom of the slow cooker.
After you put your cheesecake in the slow cooker you will want to place a clean dish towel or a couple of paper towels over the top to absorb condensation. If you choose not to it will still turn out fine just remove the lid very carefully.
For best results, no peaking for the entire 3 hours that it is in the slow cooker.
Slow Cooker Cheesecake
- ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 2 8-ounce blocks cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- Roll up a couple of pieces of aluminum foil and place them in the bottom of the slow cooker, to act as a rack for your baking dish. Add 1/2 to 1 inch of hot water to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Grease or spray a 6-inch baking dish with non-stick spray. If using a spring form pan you can line the bottom with parchment paper and then spray.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, melted butter, and cinnamon (optional). Press into the bottom and slightly up the sides of the baking dish.
- In a large bowl using a hand or stand mixer, beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, flour, and vanilla until fluffy. Add eggs and sour cream and beat until combined. Scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Pour the filling into the baking dish on top of the crust.
- Carefully put the baking dish in the slow cooker on top of the aluminum foil, making sure the water doesn't rise too high.
- Place a double layer of paper towels over the top of the slow cooker (to absorb condensation) before adding the lid.
- Cook on high for 2 hours. Turn off and leave the cheesecake inside the slow cooker for another hour, with the lid on.
- Carefully remove the cheesecake from the slow cooker. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours up to overnight for best results.