This post may contain affiliate links, please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
With only four ingredients (if using Bisquick) and no eggs, these tasty Peanut Butter Cookies are sure to be a hit.
While I enjoy cooking from scratch, it is nice to find a good shortcut recipe, especially when I have Homemade Biscuit mix already mixed up and ready to go.
After combining the four ingredients you will find that the dough is very sticky. If you like you can roll them into balls before refrigerating them, but I found they were easier to roll after the refrigeration time. They definitely need to be refrigerated before baking or they will spread. Peanut butter contains oils, by refrigerating the dough you insure that the fats remain solid and are less likely to spread.
The only sweetener in these cookies is the Sweetened Condensed Milk which also helps make the cookies soft and tender. I do feel that these cookies could have been a little sweeter, and will probably roll the balls in sugar next time I make them.
Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup baking mix (Bisquick)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla. Add the baking mix and stir to combine. The dough will be thick and sticky. Cover dough and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat mat, or use a non-stick cooking spray.
- Roll dough into balls and use the tines of a fork to flatten and create the crisscross pattern on top.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the bottom is golden brown.