This post may contain affiliate links, please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
A budget-friendly meal, that is quick and easy to make. Stroganoff is typically served on egg noodles. You can serve it on egg noodles, any noodles of your choice, or on rice. A wonderful comfort meal that’s perfect for busy weeknights.
For a healthier alternative, use homemade Condensed Cream Soup Substitute instead of canned mushroom soup.
To make a lower-carb version leave the condensed soup out altogether and add fresh or canned mushrooms instead. I usually add extra mushrooms even when I make it with mushroom soup. Serve on chopped cauliflower, cauliflower rice, or zucchini noodles. I served this on chopped cauliflower and it was great.
- 1 lb lean ground meat
- ½ onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dry beef bouillon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet brown ground meat with the onion and garlic. If there is excess grease drain it off.
- Stir in the dry beef bouillon, nutmeg, cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, cream cheese, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook over medium heat until the cream cheese has melted and the mixture is hot and bubbly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- If you would like a thinner sauce you can add some milk or water.
- Serve on noodles of your choice, rice or chopped cauliflower or zucchini noodles.