This post may contain affiliate links, please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
Brussels sprouts are extremely good for you, they are high in fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, making them a nutritious addition to any meal. But not everyone likes the taste. When cooked properly, Brussels sprouts taste wonderful. Brussels sprouts can be bitter, cooking them at a high temperature cuts the bitterness and gives them a rich, caramelized flavor. Jazz them up even more with some balsamic vinegar, honey, fresh garlic and feta cheese.
Wash and trim the Brussels sprouts. Cut the Brussels sprouts into similar sized pieces to allow them to cook evenly and have a similar texture when finished. Small Brussels sprouts can be left whole while large ones will need to be cut in half or even quarters. You can use frozen Brussels sprouts, just make sure they are fully thawed and drained to get rid of their excess moisture before roasting!
Combine Brussels sprouts, sliced garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey in a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, toss to coat.
For easier clean up you can line the baking sheet with a Silpat mat or parchment paper. Pour Brussels sprout mixture onto a prepared baking sheet, spread the Brussels sprouts out evenly on the pan.
Bake in preheated oven until browned and tender. The cook time will depend on the size and density of your sprouts. The Brussels sprouts may look dark almost burnt right out of the oven. In part due to the dark color from the Balsamic vinegar and also because the outer leaves tend to get pretty dark. Once you taste it, you’ll know the dark crispy pieces are the best tasting parts!
Remove from oven and transfer to a serving bowl. Taste and add more seasoning if needed. Sprinkle feta cheese over the top and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Garlic Feta Brussels sprouts make a wonderful side dish. They are delicious served with any main dish and any type of meat: fish, chicken, pork chops and beef. Or try it as a main dish, served on top of rice, pasta or even homemade pizza.
Garlic Feta Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Wash and trim the outer leaves from Brussels sprouts. Cut large ones in halves or quarters.
- Combine Brussels sprouts and garlic in a large bowl. Drizzle balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and honey over the sprouts. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Pour onto a rimmed baking dish. Spread evenly into one layer, don't overcrowd the pan. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until brown, tender and crispy.
- Taste and add more seasoning if needed. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with feta cheese before serving.