This post may contain affiliate links, please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
Cauliflower Steaks are a delicious and satisfying way to get more vegetables in your diet. They make a great side dish for almost any meal, they are also hearty enough to be the main course for a vegan or low-carb dinner.
Choose a tight head of cauliflower, so the florets stay together when sliced. I was able to get 3 decent-sized steaks out of 1 large cauliflower, with some of the smaller florets it was enough for 4 people. For thicker steaks or to feed more people you may need to use more than 1 head of cauliflower.
Preheat oven to 425°. Prepare a large baking sheet by covering it with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
Wash the cauliflower, trim off the leaves, and just the bottom of the stem. Make sure to keep the core intact. With a sharp knife cut 3/4 to 1-inch steaks. No matter how carefully you cut there will be florets left that aren’t connected to the steaks, you can throw them on the pan and cook them with the steaks or save them for another meal.
Brush the cauliflower with 1/2 the garlic butter mixture, making sure to get into the grooves. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste. If you want it spicier you can sprinkle on some red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper.
Roast cauliflower steaks in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Gently turn over each steak brush with the remaining garlic butter mixture, and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Return to the oven and continue roasting until tender and golden, 15 to 20 minutes more.
Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
- 1 large head cauliflower
- ½ cup melted butter
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 Tbsp Grated or Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a-sided baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Wash the cauliflower heads, remove the outer leaves, and trim the stem. Slice into 3/4 1-inch thick slices. The outer slices will probably fall apart – you can roast them with the cauliflower steaks or save them for another meal.
- Combine the butter, minced garlic, and garlic powder together. Place the cauliflower steaks on the prepared baking pan and brush with half of the garlic butter mixture. Sprinkle on half of the Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast cauliflower steaks in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Gently turn over each steak brush with the remaining garlic butter mixture, and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Return to the oven and continue roasting until tender and golden, 15 to 20 minutes more.