This post may contain affiliate links, please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
Impossibly Easy Bacon Cheeseburger Pie is such an easy dinner that can be thrown together in a very short amount of time. I first found the original recipe on the back of a Bisquick box many, many years ago. You can still find the original recipe on the Betty Crocker website. This is a versatile recipe that you can change up to suit your tastes, and add ingredients that you enjoy having on your cheeseburgers. Sauteed mushrooms or jalapenos would make a nice addition and can be added to the meat mixture or served on top. This is also a great recipe to prepare in advance, all of the ingredients can be prepared ahead of time. Except for the batter mixture, mix it together and add it right before cooking.
Start by browning 1 pound of ground meat, with onion, seasoning salt, and Worcestershire sauce. I prefer to cook my bacon in the oven – Oven Baked Bacon so it can cook while I’m working on other things. I made two pies and used Homemade Biscuit Mix for one and Amish Baking Mix for the other. They both turned out great. The one with the Amish Baking Mix seemed to raise a little higher but they both tasted very similar. They make great leftovers and reheat really well.
Spray a 9-inch pie pan with non-stick spray. Layer the cooked ground meat mixture and bacon in the bottom of the pan.
Top with shredded cheddar cheese (or cheese of your choice), followed by the prepared biscuit mixture batter.
Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve with your favorite cheeseburger toppings. Shredded lettuce, tomato, avocado, pickles, ketchup, mustard, etc.
Impossibly Easy Bacon Cheeseburger Pie
- 1 lb ground meat
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices cooked bacon (crumbled)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup Bisquick (or Homemade Mix)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spray a 9-inch pie pan with non-stick spray.
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet with onion, drain off any excess grease and add the seasoning salt and Worcestershire sauce.
- Layer the ground meat mixture in the bottom of the prepared pie pan. Crumble-cooked bacon on top followed by cheese.
- In a small bowl whisk together Bisquick, milk, and eggs. Pour on top of the cheese layer.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.