This post may contain affiliate links, please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars made with a box of cake mix. I tend to buy too many cake mixes when they are on sale. My family is just not that into cakes, so I like to use cake mixes to make cookies and cookie bars. These are easy to make and yummy to eat.
Preheat oven to 350°. Spray the bottom of a 9″ x 13″ baking dish with a non-stick cooking spray.
In a medium bowl mix together the dry cake mix, 1/2 cup softened butter and 1 egg beaten. Using a pastry cutter or food processor will make easy work of it. Mixture will look crumbly but when pressed together it will hold it’s shape. Press mixture into the bottom of the 9″ x 13″ baking dish.
In a small bowl mix together the can of sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter. Pour on top of the cake mix layer.
Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, edges should just start to brown. Cool completely before cutting and serving. Store in the Refrigerator.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 pkg chocolate cake mix
- ½ cup butter (1 stick) softened
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray the bottom of a 9" x 13" baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Stir together cake mix, butter and beaten egg. Press the crumbly dough evenly onto the bottom of the prepared 9"x 13" baking dish.
- Mix together the can of sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter. Spread on top of the cake mix layer.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes. Cool completely, cut into squares.