This post may contain affiliate links, please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
Pork Chops are usually an economical cut of meat. They regularly go on sale in my area for under $2 a pound. I often buy extra and freeze some for later use. These baked pork chops are really easy to make and always turn out tender and tasty.
The recipe calls for crushed Saltine crackers, but you can use any kind of cracker you want. You could also use dry bread crumbs, panko crumbs, or crushed dry stuffing mix. If you want a Keto recipe you could use grated parmesan cheese or crushed pork rinds in place of the cracker crumbs.
I use thick pork chops for this recipe (3/4″ to 1″), if you use a thin pork chop you’ll need to adjust your cooking time accordingly. Test with a meat thermometer, pork chops need to reach an internal temperature of 145° to be considered safe.
I seasoned these pork chops with Garlic Pepper but you could use seasoning salt, or cajun/creole seasoning if you want a spicier pork chop. Basically, any seasoning of your choice or just use salt and pepper.
I served these pork chops with warm homemade applesauce.
Basic Baked Pork Chops
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbs milk, cream, or water
- 1 sleeve crushed saltines
- 1 tsp garlic pepper seasoning
- 6 thick pork chops
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare a baking sheet by covering it with a Silpat mat, parchment paper, or aluminum foil.
- In a small dish whisk eggs and milk together.
- In a separate dish mix together crushed cracker crumbs and seasoning.
- Dip the pork chops in the egg mixture and then into the cracker mixture, making sure the entire pork chop is coated.
- Place on a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, depending on how thick your pork chops are. Turning over once halfway through cooking. Internal temperature should be at least 145°.