This post may contain affiliate links, please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
Satisfy your pizza cravings without the added carbs. Low carb zucchini pizza crust, you won’t even miss regular pizza dough.
Start with shredded zucchini or yellow squash, place on a plate with few layers of paper towels underneath and sprinkle with salt. The salt helps draw moisture out of the zucchini for a sturdier crust. Squeeze as much moisture from the zucchini as you can before adding the remaining ingredients. Add shredded cheese, an egg, flour, and Italian seasoning to make the dough.
Do not bake this crust directly on the pizza pan or it will stick. Bake on a greased parchment lined pan for best results. Bake the crust in a hot oven for about 10 minutes to let it firm up and start turning golden brown, before you add any toppings.
Add your favorite sauce and toppings. Return to the oven for 5-7 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Zucchini Pizza Crust
- 1½ cups shredded zucchini
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour (or almond flour for low carb)
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- Pre-heat oven to 500F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray paper with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place shredded zucchini on a plate lined with a few layers of paper towels. Sprinkle with one teaspoon of salt. Set aside for 10 minutes. Remove the excess moisture from the zucchini by wrapping it up in the paper towels and squeezing.
- In a medium bowl, combine the shredded zucchini, flour, egg, cheese and Italian seasoning. Combine mixture with a spoon until fully incorporated then transfer mixture on to greased parchment paper. Press the dough into the desired shape and thickness (approx. 1/4'' thick) on the greased parchment paper.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until the crust looks set and the bottom is starting to brown. Carefully remove the pizza crust from the oven. Top with your favorite sauce, cheese, and pizza toppings. Return to oven and bake for another 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.