This post may contain affiliate links, please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
Salads aren’t just for warm summer days, a nice hearty salad will surely hit the spot even on a cold day. This flavorful cauliflower and broccoli salad is combined with bacon and cheese in a sweet, tart, and creamy dressing.
The only thing that requires cooking in this salad is the bacon. While chopping the vegetables and cheese I have my bacon in the oven where I don’t have to worry about constantly watching it. Oven Baked Bacon is so easy to make.
The dressing can be customized to fit your taste. It can be made lower carb by using a sugar substitute. If you’re not a fan of mayo-based dressing you can sub with miracle whip. Or switch half of the mayonnaise with plain Greek yogurt or sour cream. The dressing calls for white wine vinegar, I’ve used regular white vinegar, apple cider vinegar, and flavored vinegar, and they are all good.
I used Colby-jack and mozzarella cheese in this salad, but you can use any cheese that you prefer. Cheddar, swiss, goat cheese or feta would be great in this salad. This salad would also be good with added fruit, dried cranberries, golden raisins, dried cherries, chopped apples or chopped grapes that would complement it really well.
This salad can be prepared a day or two in advance, combine all of the salad ingredients except for the dressing. Just add the dressing before serving.
Cauliflower and Broccoli Salad
- 4 cups chopped cauliflower florets
- 4 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup cubed cheese
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1¾ cups mayonnaise
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- In a small bowl whisk together mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine cauliflower, broccoli, cheese, onion, bacon, and sunflower seeds.
- Pour dressing over the top of the vegetables and stir until evenly coated. Serve within 30 minutes to 1 hour after adding dressing for best results. Refrigerate leftovers for up to 4 days.