This post may contain affiliate links, please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
Artichoke Chicken Bake is one of my families favorite dishes. If you would like a lower carb version you can leave the pasta out and use no added sugar tomato products.
I love being able to use leftover shredded or Rotisserie chicken for this recipe. This is a great recipe for using up leftover pasta or pasta sauce.
If I don’t have chicken already cooked, then I cook chopped chicken chunks in butter before adding the onion. Cook the onion for a few minutes and then add the rest of the ingredients. Prepare pasta as directed on the package until al dente, or use leftover pasta.
When using pre-cooked chicken you saute the onion in butter for 3-5 minutes before adding the cooked chicken, tomatoes with juice, pasta or tomato sauce, cooked pasta if using, olives and seasonings.
Pre-heat oven to 350°. Prepare a 13×9 inch baking pan by spraying with non-stick cooking spray. Pour half of the chicken mixture into the pan. Cover with half of the cheese. Top with the remaining chicken mixture and then the remaining cheese. Cook covered, I spray aluminum foil with non-stick spray to keep the cheese from sticking to it before covering. Bake for 35 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
Artichoke Chicken Bake
- 1 Tbs butter
- ½ chopped onion
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 can diced tomatoes w/italian herbs, undrained
- 1 cup pasta or tomato sauce
- 1 can (14 ounce) artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- 2 cups prepared pasta (I recommend Penne, Fusilli or Rotini)
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic pepper seasoning (or salt and pepper to taste)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat butter and onion in a large skillet over medium heat, 3-5 minutes stirring until onion starts to soften and turn translucent. Add all of the other ingredients (except cheese) and mix until combined.
- Pour 1/2 of the chicken mixture into the prepared dish. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Top with the rest of the chicken mixture. Sprinkle the remaining cup of cheese on top.
- Bake covered for 35 minutes until hot and bubbly.