This post may contain affiliate links, please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
Artichoke Chicken Bake is one of my family’s favorite dishes. If you would like a lower-carb version you can leave the pasta out and use no added sugar tomato products.
I love being able to use leftover shredded or Rotisserie chicken for this recipe. This is a great recipe for using up leftover pasta or pasta sauce.
If I don’t have chicken already cooked, then I cook chopped chicken chunks in butter before adding the onion. Cook the onion for a few minutes and then add the rest of the ingredients. Prepare pasta as directed on the package until al dente, or use leftover pasta.
When using pre-cooked chicken you saute the onion in butter for 3-5 minutes before adding the cooked chicken, tomatoes with juice, pasta or tomato sauce, cooked pasta if using, olives, and seasonings.
Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare a 13×9 inch baking pan by spraying with non-stick cooking spray. Pour half of the chicken mixture into the pan. Cover with half of the cheese. Top with the remaining chicken mixture and then the remaining cheese. Cook-covered, I spray aluminum foil with non-stick spray to keep the cheese from sticking to it before covering. Bake for 35 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
Artichoke Chicken Bake
- 1 Tbs butter
- ½ chopped onion
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 can diced tomatoes w/italian herbs, undrained
- 1 cup pasta or tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-ounce can) artichoke hearts drained and quartered
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- 2 cups prepared pasta (I recommend Penne, Fusilli, or Rotini)
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic pepper seasoning (or salt and pepper to taste)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat butter and onion in a large skillet over medium heat, for 3-5 minutes stirring until the onion starts to soften and turn translucent. Add all of the other ingredients (except cheese) and mix until combined.
- Pour 1/2 of the chicken mixture into the prepared dish. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Top with the rest of the chicken mixture. Sprinkle the remaining cup of cheese on top.
- Bake covered for 35 minutes until hot and bubbly.