This post may contain affiliate links, please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
You don’t have to over spend in December. Spend smarter by buying items that are at their lowest price this month.
**Please check your local stores for Covid-19 related policy changes, hours of operation and any current restrictions.**
Fall and Thanksgiving – Check your favorite stores clearance section for discounts on Fall and Thanksgiving decorations, tableware, napkins, plates, and tablecloths. Walmart and Target both have in store clearance areas featuring past holiday items.
Gift Cards – Many stores have deals on gift cards in December. Check out your favorite restaurants and retailers, many will offer bonus cards with the purchase of a gift card. Purchase gift cards to give as gifts, or use them like cash on your holiday shopping.
– Through December 20th first time Amazon Gift card purchasers will receive a $15 credit with the purchase of a $50 Amazon gift card. Use the code GIFTCARD2020 at checkout. This offer is available to first-time Amazon gift card buyers only. This promotion will only work on select accounts.
– For every $50 in Panera Bread gift cards purchased, receive a free $10 bonus card. Offer ends on December 31st, 2020.
– At RiteAid you can earn Up To 20% BonusCash w/ Select Gift Card Purchase, this offer is only valid until December 5, 2020.
– Sams Club has a variety of gift card deals. They have a great deal on Lowe’s gift cards, buy a Lowe’s $100 eGift Card (Email Delivery) for only $85.
– Target offers promotional gift cards with the purchase of certain items, view the weekly ad or check for gift cards promos here.
Cars – If you are in the market for a new car, December is the month to buy. Dealer’s will be anxious to reach their monthly and yearly sales goals, so they may be more willing to negotiate this month. It is also the best month to find deals on the previous year’s models.
Champagne – Liquor and grocery stores discount champagne in December for Holiday parties and New Years Eve celebrations.
Golf Clubs – Winter is the off season for golfers, you should see discounts of 40% – 50% off at Sporting goods stores, both online and in store.
Technology – TV’s, computers, tablets, cameras, cell phones, activity trackers and headphones are all popular gifts. Black Friday technology deals will spill over into December.
Toys – Black Friday is known for some of the lowest toy prices of the year, but if you missed out don’t despair. Toys will be on sale for most of December just don’t wait to long as prices will start rising again the week before Christmas.
Thrift Stores – December is a great month to hit up the Thrift Stores. New to you items should be arriving in store all month long, taxpayers will be donating items in order to receive a deduction on their taxes for the year.
Christmas Items – Everything Christmas related will go on sale starting on December 26th. This is the perfect time to stock up on Christmas lights and decorations for next year. Don’t forget to load up on deeply discounted holiday treats and goodies.
National Cookie Day – December 4th is National Cookie Day, look for discounts and deals on cookies at your local bakery’s, grocery stores, restaurants and fast food joints. Follow your local cookie shops on social media to get updates about any National Cookie Day promotions in your area.