This post may contain affiliate links, please see my disclosure policy to learn more.
A rich and delicious dessert that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. It makes a great breakfast too! Made with a store bought tube of crescent rolls, it is a quick and easy treat.
This recipe has been around for a long time. We’ve been enjoying it for years. I used Pillsbury™ Honey Butter Crescent Rolls in this batch.
Unroll half a package (4 rolls) of crescent rolls. Place in the bottom of an 8 x 8 inch baking dish and press seams together.
In a medium bowl, combine softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer or stir until thoroughly combined. Spread on top of the dough in the baking dish.
Press out the second half of the dough on a lightly floured cutting board or parchment paper so you can press the seams together easily. Place on top of cream cheese layer in the baking dish. Pour on the 1/4 cup melted butter. Sprinkle on the cinnamon sugar.
Bake at 350° for 25-35 minutes, until the crust browns and filling appears set when gently shaken. Cool slightly before cutting and serving. Cover and refrigerate any remaining bars. We like it best when cooled completely & set up.
This recipe can easily be doubled and it is amazing with a can of pie filling added on top of the cream cheese layer.
Cream Cheese Filled Crescent Rolls
- 1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll and spread ½ can crescent rolls on bottom of an 8 x 8 glass baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Spread over crescent rolls in baking dish.
- Unroll remaining crescent rolls, press seams together and place on top of cream cheese layer in baking dish.
- Top with melted butter. Sprinkle top evenly with sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake 25-35 minutes or until bars start to brown and filling appears set when gently shaken. Cool slightly before cutting and serving. Cover and refrigerate any remaining bars.